Welcome to the Jobs Page!
Please read through all the posts below and submit the following documents to
1. Completed Transcripts.
2. Application Form.
3. Declaration Form.
Please read through the posts carefully. If you require more information, please send your queries to
Who We Are
Scribe is a company established by a team of legal and business professionals driven by a vision to pioneer the providing of accurate and expert transcription services anchored by uncompromising quality. We serve legal firms and companies throughout Malaysia.
At present, we employ full time and part-time transcribers. Our transcribers come from various backgrounds. We have retirees which include school teachers and secretaries from legal firms and multi-national corporations. There are also college students, housewives, and many others who prefer to work independently, with flexible working hours.
What is Transcribing?
Transcribing is the converting of recorded speech from video documents to a typed format on Microsoft Word.
As all Malaysian civil and criminal court proceedings are video recorded, our transcribers listen and view the video recording and type out, in verbatim, what is heard into Microsoft Word.
Our transcribers are fluent in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. They also have good listening and typing skills and are familiar with basic word processing software (Microsoft Word).
We are looking for candidates who have a good understanding and knowledge of both Bahasa Melayu and English language, a good ear for accents, the ability to type and research accurately, follow formats and meet deadlines. Transcription experience is not necessary as we will provide training.
On average, working for 5 hours a day, our transcribers earn between RM3, 000.00 – RM4, 000.00 a month.
Payment is made on a monthly basis.
Recruitment of transcribers is guided by the following criteria:-
(i) Must be fluent in both Bahasa Malaysia & English.
(ii) Good listening and reasonable typing skills.
(iii) Familiarity with Microsoft Word processing.
(iv) Able to commit a minimum of 5 working hours a day.
(v) Must be able to meet deadlines.
(vi) We do not recruit transcribers who are permanently employed elsewhere.
Training is mandatory and will be carried out at our premises/online. See Contact Us page.
Applicants will be required to attend one (1) assessment session. Thereafter, there will be two (2) training sessions each lasting 2 hours.
Work From Home
Our method of operation is essentially to encourage our transcribers to work from their homes. Part of the training process is the empowerment of the individual. Our transcribers are trained to work from home, manage their own time, and be able to communicate with the office through the internet.
Please note the following:-
(1) We recruit transcribers from all over the country. Training will be conducted online.
(2) Training is conducted on weekdays during working hours.
(3) Our training centre is located at our address on the Contact Us page.
(4) Must have a laptop and/or a computer with Windows 10 or the latest Windows.
(5) Details of the training will be provided to short-listed candidates only.
After completing your Mandatory Assessment (see below) and you are successful, you will be required to pay a training fee of RM150.00 before you are called in for training. Your training fee will be fully reimbursed to you if you work with us for 3 months.
1. All applicants are required to take a mandatory assessment before being called for training.
2. You will be required to transcribe from two videos which are in English and Bahasa Melayu respectively.
3. We will assess your listening, typing, language and computer skills.
Please read the instructions below carefully.
1. Download all the documents by clicking this LINK. The document you will receive are
(i) English & Bahasa Video and corresponding Template.
(ii) Application Form
(iii) Declaration Form
2. Use the respective template for your transcribing.
3. Take note that the first 00:00:15 (Fifteen seconds) has been transcribed as a guide for you to follow.
4. You are to transcribe the entire video in verbatim for your assessment.
5. We will be assessing your transcripts based on spelling, punctuation, and accuracy.
6. Send the (i) English & Bahasa Transcripts (ii) Application Form and (iii) Declaration Form to
7. Please only submit the Application Form in Word format and not PDF.
8. You will be notified by email of your application status.